- Branch: Infrastructure Management, Northern Operation
- SALARY : R122 595 per annum (Level 03)
- Groblersdal Area Office (Bronkhorstspruit dam (X4 Posts)
- Injaka Dam (X1 Post)
- Kwena Dam (X1 Post)
- ABET qualification. One (1) to two (2) years’ experience as a General Worker will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of general work in handling equipment and appliances.
- Knowledge of working on various general work including lawn care process.
- Knowledge of the pruning and trimming process and techniques
- Basic knowledge of chemical use (dilution/mix) chemical product knowledge.
- Basic knowledge daily maintenance procedures for efficient machine/equipment performance. Basic in supporting water utilisation and water resource strategy.
- Basic knowledge of health and safety procedures. Basic knowledge of garden maintenance and planting practices. Basic understanding of Government legislation.
- Knowledge of using a bush cutter, Submersible pumps, chain blocks and overhead cranes.
- Good communication skills. Ability to work under supervision and in a team. Must be punctual, productive and loyal.
Load and off a load of tools, materials and equipment on a daily basis. Assist with the cleaning and repair of water supply/distribution system (canals, drains, dams, pipelines, structures etc.) during dry periods. Assist with the cutting and removing of grass, brush, trees from all servitude’s as instructed. Assist with the reparation of all fencing as well as installation of new fencing when required.
Assist with the mixing of concrete as required. Assist with the construction of concrete canals as well as placing of concrete for buildings and structures when required. Operate brush cutter and slasher as required. Maintain and take care of machinery, equipment, tools and goods. Assist with painting of equipment.
Assist with the cleaning and repair of mechanical equipment (valves, generators, gearboxes, pipes etc.). Assist with construction of steel structures. Assist with the cleaning and repair of electrical equipment (electric panels, electric cables, lights, electric starters etc.) which may entail digging of holes and trenches.
HOW TO APPLY
ENQUIRIES : Mr. IJ Pretorius Tel No: (013)262 6839
APPLICATIONS : Please email your application quoting the relevant reference number to GDLrecruitment@dws.gov.za
FOR ATTENTION : Mr S Murunzi
Thanks for visiting job4sa please call again.